Today, I thought that I would do a tag from YouTube. Usually this would take the form of a video, but since I don’t have the means to do that, I’ll be doing it in writing.
You can watch author and booktuber, Robyn Schneider’s video below:
1. I would give up the internet for a month for a signed first edition of this book: Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White. This was my favorite book when I was growing up. I still read it from time to time.
2. I would give up pizza for a year if it meant I could sit next to this author on a long plane ride: John Green. I love his entire library of books. They’re some of my current favorites and it would be fun to pick John’s brain for a bit.
3. I would sit through a thousand hours of commercials if it would ensure that Hollywood made this book into a movie: I need to think on this more.
4. I would never read a new book again if it meant I could live inside this book A. The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling.
5. I would let my google search history be made public if it meant I could be best friends with this author: Wil Wheaton. I’m a nerd. He’s a nerd. Enough said.
6. I would donate everything I own to goodwill if it meant I could date this book character in real life: Alaska from John Green’s Looking for Alaska
Let me know what your answers are in the comment below.
Today, I wanted to do something a little bit out of the ordinary for me. I thought that I would jump on the newest movement from YouTube. The movement is where you write a letter to your younger self. Here we go.
This is your future self. I’d like to say much wiser. I’m not sure that is exactly true, but I hope to share things with you about your future.
To start off with, you’re college career didn’t go like you had hoped. That’s ok. You’re much better off. You have a lot of passion now to learn as much as you can and are much better prepared for a career.
You know what. It’s ok to have doubts about religion. It’s some times hard to believe that there is a higher being that controls the world. You’re mother struggles to understand this, but like most things, it gets better with time.
Which leads me to the last point. You are not straight. It takes you a bit to admit this fact to yourself, but it was something that you had known for a long time.
Love you always,
Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed it. Let me known what you think in the comments below and share your story on twitter using the hashtag #dearme.
Today, I took the day off because I woke up feeling like crap, both my muscle and sickness wise. I think that it was a good move since I was in a lot pain. I will be running.
Instead, I wanted to share with you a video on sexism from one of my favorite YouTubers, Prescription Pixel. It’s a long one, but it’s totally worth watching. Watch it below.
She breaks down the comments she receives in to categories. It is really eye opening.
Jen, if you happen to see this, I wanted you to know that this video really opened my mind. As a female content creator, hearing your thoughts have equipped me with the knowledge and skills to deal with it in a healthy way. I cannot thank you enough.
So let me know what your thoughts are in the comments below. Please keep the comment section civil.
So I’ve never done a dual comm before let alone much commentating before. I think that it went really well. If you like it, thumbs it up and subscribe for more.
As usual, let me know what you think.
Check out my first post here.
Anyhoo, I found this video on Twitter. I thought that it fit in with what I was talking about that post.
It can be soooo easy to forget that if you want to change the world you can. There have been so many examples of that now that the internet plays such a big role in just about everyone’s life. Egypt was the one that popped right into my head as well as Occupy Wall Street.
That’s all for now.
So, last night I noticed that I had gained one more subscriber since putting up the first episode. I got to my channel and try to figure out who it was. Then, this email turns up in my inbox.
I about crapped my pants when I saw it. I went around the house all giddy and jumping around. I couldn’t believe that she had subbed to me.
Once I got my wits about me, tweeted her thank you. Low and behold, a response came.
I didn’t know what to think after that. It was so cool.
Anyhoo, a new episode of Rants with Nerd should be up and posted here shortly. It’s a thank you video for one of my favorite web series.